WHO IS VOXTER?
We're a Vancouver based VOIP company that is on the rise and we are enthusiastically chucking out the old methods of business communication and replacing them with our shiny new platform and sophisticatedly simple software - which has been rocking the world of our business clients since we launched with our first customer in 2005. In short, we make business communication run smoother than a fresh jar of skippy.
Since 2005 we’ve grown to have hundreds of clients across the globe. We have POPs in San Jose, London, Tokyo, LA, Melbourne, Chicago, Toronto, and Vancouver (to name a few). Our goal is not only to continue to expand (we aim for world domination!), but to shake up how the world looks at business telecom and create an experience that our clients actually love to use!
Having been recently acquired by Ooma Inc, we’re poised for growth and in a unique position to build out our already passionate and dedicated team.
SOUNDS NEAT BUT WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a passionate Sales Engineer who is a strategic thinker and natural problem solver and can easily manage having multiple projects on the go at once. This role requires a mixture of business/sales ability, technical skills and project management as the successful individual must be able to deal with high level engagements with clients, partners, sales staff and detailed engagements with internal engineering resources and transition seamlessly from one interaction to the next.
Another primary focus of this role is to operationalise and implement revenue related tools to improve operational efficiency and support increased revenue at Voxter. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who can not only follow, but help to define best practice, discover and implement new and awesome technologies for us to bring our platform to world class standard and beyond!
We are extremely passionate about what we do, and what we’ve built – and we’re looking for someone who is as passionate about their work as we are. We’re not an ordinary company, and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either.
SO, WHAT WILL I DO IN THIS ROLE?
- Work with our sales team to qualify and close related sales opportunities
- Live and breathe our technology and architecture and communicate its functionality and advantage to prospective clients
- Act as a technical resource and liaison between the sales team and potential customers or partners
- Ensure the engineering and technical integrity of solutions provided to clients and work with the sales team to ensure that our offering will provide a fit within the clients’ overall IT environment and strategy.
- Create outstanding documentation around implemented solutions and work with the various stakeholders to define a well-documented administrative approach to ongoing maintenance and operation.
- Implement and design high-level systems administration and operational functions that include architectural design, creating and managing complex data models, workflow rules, formulas, and approval processes
- Develop, deliver and maintain product demonstrations and collateral
- Work with varying departments within Voxter and Ooma to develop and coordinate across projects.
YOU’LL BE JUST WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong competencies with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce, NetSuite, etc)
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills to compile and prepare data into logical reports, briefings, and recommendations for internal and external use.
- Solid business acumen with the ability to influence business issues through a sound knowledge of data processes with consultative skills to interact with all levels internally and externally.
- Skilled in business process and application integration (UCaaS, CPaas)
- In-depth technical knowledge of Voice and VoIP technologies and products
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience in Tech or Telecom sales engineering.
WHO DO I NEED TO BE TO KICK ASS IN THIS ROLE?
- Eternally optimistic and excited by aggressive challenges and big goals, because they are the ones that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Critical thinking and problem solving are second nature to you. You continually question the “why” and aren't afraid to make changes. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Bias to execution. If you are asked to complete a task you are accountable, know how to project manage yourself and always follow up and see it to completion.
- A confident self-starter, you will be working with entrepreneurial people who like to have fun, they aren’t shy, you shouldn’t be either.
- Resourceful, you think on your feet and if you don’t know how to do it, you know where to look to find the best information.
- You’re an excellent team player and are able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
COOL BEANS, BUT WHY SHOULD I WORK AT VOXTER?
- We have an open culture where we openly share our results and where your input is truly valued
- Working at Voxter means being part of a team that works hard, fast and has fun! We aim to keep growing as a company, as a team, and as individuals. Voxter is made up of truly exceptional people who found a career-making opportunity here
- You get to be an integral part of building an amazing product and client experience, in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to get shit done!
- Work-life balance is encouraged, and sometimes enforced! ;)
- We offer flexible work schedules, an open vacation policy, and an extended benefits plan
- Our shiny new Yaletown office - (complete with snacks and arcade!)
- We have some of the cutest office dogs in Vancouver
- At Voxter you truly have the best of both worlds: The agility and flexibility of a startup – with the backing of one of the big players in telecom.
- We value the individuality and contribution of each of our team members. Collaboration, personality, growth, great results, and baked goods are wholeheartedly encouraged
THIS SOUNDS LIKE ME, SO WHAT’S NEXT?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. We trust you to do your best work with minimal direction, so we try our best to build an environment of mutual trust and empowerment.
If this sounds like your next role, don’t hesitate, get in touch, apply now, hit that button, get it done and have a chat with us!